Saturday 11 November 2017

New York Business Law Attorney


I come to my current practice of law at the end of an interesting journey. After graduating Phi Beta Kappa from UC Berkeley, and receiving my J.D. from the UC Berkeley School of Law, I chose corporate law, concentrating in venture capital and mergers and acquisitions. I was drawn to the challenge of structuring complex contracts, the intensity of negotiating those agreements and the excitement of closing a deal. And I was trained by excellent practitioners, at the top of their game, at leading firms, including McDermott, Will & Emery, and Schulte, Roth & Zabel LLP.

Did I learn a great deal? Check. Did I acquire a broad-based skill set in corporate law? Check. Yet, at the same time, the matters I worked on were so large, that I was left combing through thick financial agreements without ever a forming a meaningful client relationship. This type of practice stood in stark contrast to the idea of a well-rounded advisor that I had envisioned becoming when I began law school.

The implosion of the financial markets in 2008, though unnerving, gave me an opportunity to reset my career. Instead of sticking with a large firm or company, I decided to chart my own course in private practice. This would allow me to focus on the kinds of clients and engagements that interested me most.

One of my first choices was to focus on small to medium sized businesses. These representations enable me to truly engage with my clients, understand their issues, and act as a partner, advisor and advocate. Now, I currently act as outside general counsel to a number of businesses, from start-ups to established enterprises with numerous employees. I cherish these relationships, and feel honored that these companies have chosen me to be a part of their growth and success.

I was also drawn to the construction sector. I now routinely represent contractors (general contractors and subs), supply vendors, engineers and owners of residential and modest commercial properties. Part of my practice involves drafting construction contracts and preventing disputes. Just as often, however, I am called upon after a property has been damaged or a contract has been breached. In these cases, litigation is almost always necessary. I do not shy away from court disputes or situations that require forceful advocacy, and when necessary I go to the mat for my clients.

Another area in which I have enjoyed practicing is wage and hour cases. I first became involved in these kinds of cases when an old acquaintance approached me with a problem: he and all his co-workers had been stiffed on their pay by the owners of the restaurant they worked as waiters. I took their case on pro bono and convinced the owners to pay the workers all their unpaid wages. Unfortunately, their situation was not unique: There seems to be no end of owners or managers willing to systematically deprive workers out of their due compensation, precisely for the reason that these people often lack the means to fight back. I enjoy and have become all too familiar with the process of doing just that, often helping larger numbers of clients press their case for retroactive compensation.

My practice is now both satisfying and diverse. When advantageous for my clients, I partner with a select group of attorneys with specific expertise in a particular niche if warranted by the facts of the case.

EDUCATION:
J.D. , University of California at Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law - 1998
B.A. University of California - Berkeley - 1994

PRACTICE AREAS:

New York Business Law Attorney
New York Construction Law Attorney
New York Construction Contracts Lawyer
New York Construction Litigation Attorney
New York Payment Disputes Lawyer
New York Wage and Hour Attorney
New York Abuse Of Independent Contractors Attorney
New York Employee Misclassification Lawyer
New York Tip Credit Attorney

CONTACT:
Braverman Law PC
450 7th Ave #1308
New York, NY 10123
Phone: 212-206-8166
Business Email: info@bravermanlawfirm.com
Website: http://www.bravermanlawfirm.com/about

SOCIAL PROFILES:
Facebook
Pinterest
Flickr
Vk
Github
Blogger
MySpace
Issuu
Tumblr
StumbleUpon
Behance
Disqus
Medium
Imgur
Goodreads
Kickstarter
TED
Gravatar
AboutMe
Calameo
Indiegogo
Evernote
Storify
LiveJournal
Zazzle
Scoopit
Angel
Carbonmade
Visual.ly
Codecademy
Diigo
Wikidot
Pen.io
Soup
Klout
Spreaker
Weheartit
8tracks
Folkd
Zotero
Authorstream
Brandyourself
Hulkshare
List
Ranker
Beta.vizualize
TWUBS
BCZ
Clarity
Visualcv
Yourlisten
LookupPage
Wanelo
Itsmyurls
Steepster
Appearoo
Pixelhub
Crayon
Betternetworker
Eggzack
Memotoo
Zintro
Ogoing
Startupxplore
Follr
Xperlink

No comments:

Post a Comment